The Bible is a book that has been adopted by all Christian denominations, so it has become the main tool to establish truth among believers
People have many reasons to believe the teachings of the Bible, but most people have not read it in its entirety and taken time off to truly analyze it.
I think that reading the bible, all of it will make you doubt more than listening to your favorite atheist
These are some of the most common issues you will find in the Bible
Tabla de Contenidos
The Bible is an Insult to Science
One of the great problems of the Bible is that its stories who are seen as historic events by many are an insult to science.
The book of Genesis is full of statements that defy science on topics such as the origin of the universe, the age of the earth, the first living beings that inhabited it, and many other things.
Believers who love science have been forced to see those stories as metaphors or allegories in an attempt to reconcile what they are taught at church and science facts.
Age of the Earth and the Bible
One of the mysteries Christians can figure out is the age of the earth.
Most Christians in a very fundamentalist way claim that the earth was created by God but have not the slightest idea about when the earth was created.
If you don’t know something as basic as how long ago the events described in Genesis took place, it seems to me that you have a lot of homework to do
Some Christians believe in a young earth and old earth.
Talking Animals and the Bible
The main problem the first characters of the Bible face has to do with talking snake.
The snake not only speaks but is able to convince a human created from a rib.
That story shows how ignorant the author and audience of those stories were.
Biology Classes: The Bible Version
The best explanation the creator of those bible stories could come up with for the existence of human life on Earth was that a supreme being created it.
The first man was created from dust and the first woman was created from a rib.
Should we take that figuratively too?
When discoveries in God’s world conflict with interpretations of God’s Word, Christians have three options:
- Abandon our faith in order to accept the results of science,
- Deny the scientific evidence to maintain our interpretations of Scripture,
- Reconsider our interpretations of Scripture in light of the evidence from God’s creation
There have been attempts and arguments in favor of a global flood presented by very smart people.
If you encounter those arguments online, remember that a global flood is not the main problem here.
Those attempts in favor of a global flood are not proof of:
- A family building a huge boat.
- Animals coming from all over the place to board a big boat.
They just want to prove Gotham city is a real place, so they can confidently talk about the batman stories.
Dinosaurs and Believers
Dinosaurs’ fossils have been found before and will continue to be found in the future:
- Researchers unearth more dinosaur fossil finds near Grande Prairie, Alta.
- Newly discovered dinosaur had tiny arms like T. rex
How do Christians reconcile evidence for the existence of dinosaurs with their beliefs?
These are some of their arguments
- Dinosaurs are merely made up to support the theory of evolution.
- Dinosaurs were animals that had become corrupted, weren’t taken into the ark, and died in the flood.
- Dinosaurs were created by God, possibly even taken onto the ark, but died thereafter.
Which one is your favorite?
Was There an Exodus?
Have you read the stories before and after the Exodus? Do you believe it?
If you are a Christian, you might be thinking that there is archeological evidence to show that the story describes a historical event.
These two paragraphs from Los Angeles Times describe what I think about the Exodus story:
The truth is that virtually every modern archeologist who has investigated the story of the Exodus, with very few exceptions, agrees that the way the Bible describes the Exodus is not the way it happened if it happened at all
After a century of excavations trying to prove the ancient accounts true, archeologists say there is no conclusive evidence that the Israelites were ever in Egypt, were ever enslaved, ever wandered in the Sinai wilderness for 40 years, or ever conquered the land of Canaan under Joshua’s leadership.Doubting the Story of Exodus
More Religious Posts
These are some other posts that you might want to check out before you leave:
- 25 Questions about the Bible
- Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Graduations?
- Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?
- 5 Questions to Ask an Atheist
- Are Mormons Given a New Name in the Temple?
- Are Mormons Allowed to Dance?
- What’s the Mormon Magic Underwear?